Shiitake Mushroom, Organic
- Calculated at Checkout
Dried Organic Shiitake Mushrooms by OliveNation feature a rich and smoky flavor. The hearty mushrooms taste delicious in many different dishes. Considered the all-purpose mushroom, organic shiitake mushrooms are great to always have on hand. Simply reconstitute them before use. OliveNation Dried Organic Shiitake Mushrooms are certified organic, kosher, gluten free, and non-GMO. To suit your cooking needs, we carry Dried Whole Organic Shiitake Mushrooms and Dried Organic Shiitake Slices.
How to use Dried Organic Shiitake Mushrooms:
Before cooking with dried organic shiitake mushrooms, it’s best to reconstitute them. Cover them with warm water, wine, or stock and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes. Reserve the soaking liquid and use it in the dish you’re making or save for another purpose.
How to Substitute Dried Organic Shiitake Mushrooms for Fresh:
If you’re replacing dried organic shiitake mushrooms for fresh, note that 1 ounce of dried equals approximately 8 ounces fresh.
Here are some ideas for using Organic Shiitake Slices:
- Add them to a hot and sour soup.
- Stir-fry organic shiitake mushroom slices with some veggies and serve over rice.
- Make an organic shiitake mushroom sauce for steak.
- Create a tofu and shiitake mushroom dish.
- Add organic shiitake mushroom slices to a noodle and veggie dish.
- Sautee kale and organic shiitake mushroom slices in olive oil, then add them to cooked ziti.
- Make a warm salad with organic shiitake mushroom slices.
Here are some ideas for using Whole Organic Shiitake Mushrooms:
- Roast them in the oven.
- Grill the whole organic shiitake mushrooms and serve as a main dish.
- Make stuffed organic shiitake mushrooms.
- Serve whole organic shiitake mushrooms in a bun and enjoy like a burger.
I have not yet tried everything but so far everything is what I expected.
Delicious & Clean no dirt or grit. Love them! This is the only place I buy them from.
Great value for the money!
I have ordered these twice now and they are better than most dried shitake mushrooms. First, they are organic, the only organic ones I have found. I can save the liquid that they soak in for a good broth. Second, they are beautiful and whole. Third, the hard stems are trimmed so you are not paying for them. I have popped out the stems and ground them up in my spice grinder, in the cheaper brands. Fourth, I use them in Chinese dishes, BBQ, soups and mixed veggies on the grill! Love them, they last forever in the pantry, one of my staples!!
These are the best because they are uniform in size. Also the stems are trimmed, unlike other brands. You are not throwing away any thing inedible. Flavor is great and there is no sediment, i.e. Dirt, in the water after rehydrating.
These mushrooms are uniform in size. And the stems are trimmed!!! I ordered another brand and some are broken and the stems, which are too tough to eat, are not trimmed. I don't want to pay for that. Also the organic ones have no grit in the water after rehydrating so I save it for broth.