• 6 cups fresh mixed berries (scant 2 pounds), divided
• 3/4 cup Vanilla Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Pure Tangerine Extract
• 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, or 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 cup chilled heavy cream
• 1/3 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup sugar (or Organic Evaporated Cane Juice Crystals)
• Using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon, mash 1 cup berries with sugar and Pure Tangerine Extract in a large bowl until sugar begins to dissolve. Gently stir in remaining 5 cups berries; let sit at room temperature, tossing occasionally, until berries are juicy, 1-2 hours.
• Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a medium bowl. Add chilled cream, sour cream, and sugar. Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form. (Cream can be made 30 minutes ahead). Cover and chill.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of www.bonappetit.com