• 2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice (sushi rice)
• 3 cups water
• 1/2 cup rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 1 teaspoon Trapani Sea Salt
• 2 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
1. Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander until the water runs clear. Combine with water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Rice should be tender and water should be absorbed. Cool until cool enough to handle.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, oil, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool, then stir into the cooked rice. When you pour this in to the rice it will seem very wet. Add the Sesame Seeds and keep stirring and the rice will dry as it cools.
3. You can eat this alone or roll into your favorite sushi roll with ingredients of choice, like fish, seafood, strips of carrots, cucumbers and slices of avocado. You can adjust the amount of vinegar in this recipe to suit your taste.
Recipe adapted from www.allrecipes.com
Photo courtesy of www.sushi.com