• 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
• 4 cups thinly sliced peeled fresh pears
• 1/4 cup Dried Pitted Sour Cherries, chopped
• 1 teaspoon Pure Pear Extract
• 4 tablespoons Granulated Honey, divided
• 4 teaspoons cornstarch
• 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Powder
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
• 1 egg white
• 1 tablespoon water
On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the pears, Cherries and Pure Pear Extract. Combine 3 tablespoons Granulated Honey, cornstarch and Ginger Powder; sprinkle over pear mixture and stir gently to combine. Spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with walnuts. Fold edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
Beat egg white and water; brush over folded pastry. Sprinkle with remaining Granulated Honey. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
Recipe Adapted from www.tasteofhome.com
Photo courtesy of www.foodnetwork.com