• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/8 teaspoon Pink Hawaiian Sea Salt
• 2 large eggs
• 1/3 cup Caster Superfine Sugar
• 2 tablespoons Italian Organic Honey
• 2 tablespoons Orange Flower Water
• 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled, plus more for molds
• 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest (optional)
• Additional Caster Superfine Sugar for sprinkling (optional)
• Special Equipment
One 16-cookie madeleine pan with 3x2" molds
• Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale yellow and thick, about 4 minutes. Beat in honey, Orange Flower Water, and orange zest (if desired). Gently fold in dry ingredients. Add 5 Tbsp. melted butter; gently fold into batter. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of batter; chill for at least 3 hours. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
• Position a rack in center of oven; preheat to 400°. Lightly brush madeleine molds with butter. Place pan on a baking sheet. Drop 1 scant Tbsp. batter into each mold. Bake until golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
• Remove pan from oven, invert, and quickly knock madeleines out of pan. Serve warm, sprinkled with Caster Sugar (if desired).
Recipe adapted from "Bon Appetit", October 2011
Photo courtesy of www.teatimemagazine.com