• 1/2 cup melted butter, for brushing cake rings
• 9 ounces Thick Bittersweet Chocolate Couverture, roughly chopped
• 1 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon salted butter
• 2 1/2 cups Caster Superfine Sugar
• 6 large egg yolks
• 6 eggs, whole
• 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
• 3/4 cup cake flour
• 1 cup raspberry sauce, fresh fruit, ice cream or whipped cream, for garnish
1) Preheat oven 380F degrees.
2) Brush the insides of six, 3 inch by 1 1/2 inch cake/dessert rings, with melted butter and place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
3) Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler, remove from heat and add the Caster Sugar, blend smooth.
4) Add egg yolk and whole eggs, blend smooth.
5) Add flour and blend smooth.
6) Divide batter between rings and bake 10-12 minutes) Unmold and serve hot with raspberry sauce, fresh fruit and whipped cream or ice cream.
Recipe adapted from www. chefclassrecipes.com
Photo courtesy of www.savorysweetlife.com