• 8 oz Soba Noodles
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 shallot, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
• 8 ounces fresh Maitake Mushrooms, reconstituted and sliced thin
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root
• 2 teaspoons Wan Ja Shan Organic Soy Sauce
• Freshly ground Szechuan Pepper
• Chopped scallions for garnish (optional)
Prepare the Soba Noodles according to package directions. Drain and shock with cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
Warm the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shallot and garlic, and cook 1 minute Add Maitake Mushrooms, and cook 8-10 minutes, until mushrooms begin to brown slightly. Add ginger and tamari, and cook until the tamari evaporates. Add soba to the mushrooms and toss quickly. Adjust tamari if needed, and serve, with freshly-ground Szechuan peppercorns and garnished with scallions if desired.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of Jen Hoy www.macrobiotic.about.com