• 2 oz. dried Paddy Straw Mushrooms
• 6 dried Wood Ear mushrooms,
• One can of bamboo shoots
• 2 tablespoons of Mutti Tomato Vinegar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons of Tamari Soy Sauce
• 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
• 4 cups of Organic Vegetable Broth
• 1/2 block of firm tofu, diced into small cubes
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
• 3 scallions, diced
• 1/4 teaspoon Black Hawaiian Salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoons of finely ground White Pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon of chili oil (optional)
• Cilantro (optional)
1 Reconstitute the mushrooms, turning them over occasionally. After soaking remove any woody ends with a knife. Cut mushrooms into strips. Reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid and mix with the cornstarch. (
2 Mix the Mutti Vinegar and Tamari Soy Sauce together and set aside. Open the can of bamboo shoots, drain well, and cut the shoots lengthwise into strips.
3 Place the Vegetab;e Broth into a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the tofu, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, vinegar mixture, and cornstarch mixture. Mix and bring back to a boil. Once it comes to a boil remove from heat. While stirring the soup slowly pour the egg into the broth in a small steam while stirring the soup allowing the egg to instantly cook and feather into the soup.
4 Add the scallions, white pepper, sesame oil, and chili oil if using. Taste and adjust White Pepper, Mutti Vinegar, and Hawaiian Salt to taste. Add cilantro to garnish and for added flavor. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of www.simplyrecipes.com