• 1/3 cup Verjus du Perigod
• 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
• 1 large shallot, finely chopped (or use 1 tablespoon Freeze Dried Shallots)
• 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon Pink Hawaiian Sea Salt
• Pink Peppercorns, ground (to taste)
Pears and salad:
• 3 bunches fresh thyme sprigs
• 4 ripe but firm Bartlett pears (about 2 1/2 pounds), halved, cored
• 1/4 cup Organic Honey or Truffle Honey
• 1 head of butter lettuce, coarsely torn
• 4 ounces baby arugula
• 6 ounces Gorgonzola Dolce, sliced or coarsely crumbled
• 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
Whisk all ingredients in small bowl to blend. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
For pears and salad:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Scatter thyme sprigs on rimmed baking sheet. Place pear halves, cut side down, on work surface. Starting 1/2 inch from stem and leaving pear half intact, cut each lengthwise into scant 1/3- to 1/2-inch-wide slices. Press pear gently to fan slices; place atop thyme sprigs. Drizzle pears with Organic (or Truffle) Honey; sprinkle with Pink Hawaiian Sea Salt and Freshly ground Pink Peppercorns. Bake until pears are tender, about 15 minutes. Let stand on baking sheet at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
Combine lettuce and arugula in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad among plates. Place pear alongside greens. Garnish salads with Gorgonzola Dolce; sprinkle with nuts.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of www.epicurious.com