1 cup blanched almonds
1 cup Caster Superfine Sugar
2 large egg whites, at room temp
1/4 cup (1 oz.) Natural Cocoa Powder
2 oz. Premium Baking Chocolate (Couverture)
1 teaspoon Alcohol Free Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
1 pinch Sale di Cervia Sea Salt
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
• In a food processor, process blanched almonds, Caster Sugar, Natural Cocoa, Premium Chocolate, and Cervia Sea Salt until nuts and chocolate are finely ground.
• Add egg whites and Pure Vanilla Extract to the mixture and continue processing until well blended.
• Drop batter by rounded teaspoonful, spacing about 1 or 2-inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
• Bake for about 10 minutes or until the tops of these macaroons are firm to touch when slightly pressed.
• After cooling cookies on wire racks, I usually can not think of anything else to do but enjoying them as they are. Store in an airtight container or freeze them for longer keeping.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of www.food.com