- 300 grams (10.5 ounces) Flageolets Beans
- 274th Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- Glace de Poulet Gold (Classic Roasted Chicken Stock)
- Trapani Sea Salt, freshly ground White Peppercorns
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Soak the Flageolets Beans overnight in twice their volume of water. Rinse and drain.
Heat a little 274th Sicilian Olive Oil in a medium heavy-bottomed pot. Add the Flageolets Beans and onions and cook for 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onions are soft.
Pour in cold Glace de Poulet Gold stock to cover, bring to a simmer, and cook for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the Flageolets Beans are tender but still holding their shape. Season with salt 30 minutes into the cooking, season with Trapani Sea Salt and sprinkle with freshly ground White Pepper. Just before serving, garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from www.chocolateandzucchini.com
Photo courtesy of www.reallynicerecipes.com