• 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds total), cut into 1-inch cubes
• 3/4 cup canola oil
• 1 tablespoon Red Chile Pepper Infused Olive Oil
• 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
• Italian Organic Honey (about 1/2 cup)
• 2 cups Jumbo Cashews
• 3 cups roughly chopped onions (about 2 medium large onions)
• 3 cups reconstituted, roughly chopped Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
• 2 cups Chinese Black Rice
• 1-2 teaspoons Ginger Powder
• Black Hawaiian Sea Salt, to taste
• 1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 Marinate the chicken. Place the cubed chicken in a medium bowl. Add the canola oil and the Red Chile Pepper Infused Olive Oil. Add the Soy Sauce until the marinade turns dark brown (about 2 Tbsp per breast). Stir in the Italian Organic Honey, about 2 tablespoons for each breast. Add Ginger Powder and marinate for 1/2 hour to several hours, the longer the better.
2 Place Jumbo Cashews in a saucepan, cover with water, add about a teaspoon of Black Hawaiian Sea Salt. Bring the water to a boil and simmer until the cashews are soft, a couple of minutes (the water will get foamy). Remove from the heat, strain and set aside.
3 Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Working in batches if needed so you don't crowd the pan, use tongs to remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place them in the pan, reserving the extra marinade. Sauté the chicken pieces until just cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside. Place any extra marinade back in the pan and simmer for 20 minutes. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp of the marinade into a separate bowl and reserve.
4 In the same pan, sauté the onions on medium high to high heat for several minutes. Add Shiitake Mushrooms and continue to sauté until onions are translucent and mushrooms are cooked, several minutes more. Add some reserved marinade to the pan if necessary.
5 Combine chicken, Shiitake Mushrooms, onions, with the Cashews. Stir in onion greens (if using) right before serving. Serve over steamed Chinese Black Rice.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of www.simplyrecipes.com