• 2 teaspoons DeCarlo Il Classico Novello Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons minced shallots
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 cup dried Shiitake Mushrooms, reconstituted and finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon brandy
• 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon Trapani Sea Salt and Black Tellicherry Pepper to taste
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
• 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
• 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 24 mini phyllo tart shells
• Mild Chili Threads for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Heat the DecCarlo Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute' shallots until they begin to brown. Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook until tender. Deglaze pan with brandy, and season with thyme, parsley, Trapani Sea Salt, and Tellicherry Pepper. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine egg, milk, Swiss cheese, cream cheese, and bacon. Fold in mushroom mixture. Spoon evenly into phyllo cups, and place cups on baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until filling is set.
5. Garnish with Mild Chili Threads.
Recipe adapted from www.allrecipes.com
Photo courtesy of www.bonappetit.com