• 1/2 cup white sugar (or Organic Evaporated Cane Juice Crystals)
• 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
• 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
• 1/2 cup Barney Almond Butter
• 1 egg
• 1 1/4 cup flour
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Sale di Cervia Sea Salt
Beat the butter until creamy, 2 minutes. Add the sugars, beat for 2 more minutes. Mix in the Barney Almond Butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and Sale di Cervia Sea Salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of www.simplyrecipes.com